On Tuesday, the Walton County Board of County Commissioners authorized a one-time renewal of 50 grandfathered beach driving permits for Grayton Beach.
The renewal is only for people who held a valid beach access permit with an expiration date of June 1, 2009.
Those people may submit applications between July 20 and August 21 to renew their beach driving permit.
If more than 50 individuals apply, a one-time lottery selection will be conducted on August 28. Those selected in the lottery will have 20 days from August 31 to purchase permits from the county. Those who fail will forfeit their grandfathered permits.
Copies of the following documentation must be submitted in the name of the applicant at the time of application:
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Proof of real property ownership (from Property Appraiser www.waltonpa.com)
- Proof that property taxes are current (from Tax Collector www.waltontaxcollector.com)
- Current 4-wheel drive vehicle registration (in applicants name, 4×4)
- Completed 2015 WC Drive on the Beach Grandfathered Permit application
Applications may be submitted in one of three ways:
- Obtain an application from County Administration or the South Walton Annex Planning Department and complete and return it with the required documents to either location.
- Download and complete the application and return it, along with required documents, to the County Administration office or South Walton Annex Planning Department.
- Submit an application online by completing the web form and attaching required documents at: www.co.walton.fl.us