The three-day festival, now in its eighth year, transforms Alys Beach’s stark white walls into a canvas of light.
This year, 27 artists from eight countries will showcase their digital artwork and vie for $10,000 in cash prizes.
“The works shown at this year’s festival will challenge how digital art is perceived,” said Digital Graffiti Curator Brett Phares. “As technology progresses and becomes more accessible, we’re seeing artists softening their edges, with work appearing to be hand-drawn or painted. Viewers will second guess what they’re seeing, especially as it interacts with the architecture of Alys Beach.”
The 2015 finalists include:
• Muriel Montini, Paris, France
• Aaron Freimark, Cold Spring, NY
• Jesc Bunyard, Huddersfield, West, United Kingdom
• David Bennett, Nashville, Tennessee
• Jonathan McCabe, Canberra ACT, Australia
• Uwe Schweer-Lambers, Bielefeld, Germany
• Zlatko Cosic, St. Louis, Missouri
• Daniel Wechsler, Ramat Hasharon, Israel
• Jessica Buie, San Diego, California
• Joon Sung, Bowling Green, Kentucky
• Jasmine Powell, Berlin, Germany
• Christine Latimer, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
• Courtney Egan, New Orleans, Louisiana
• Victoria Febrer, New York City, New York
• Olga Guse, Dresden, Germany
• David Sullivan, New Orleans, Louisiana
• Tracy Miller-Robbins, Westerville, Ohio
• Adam Forrester, Ruston, Louisiana
• Krystal Schultheiss, Windsor, Victoria, Australia
• Alexandra David, Montclair, New Jersey
• Keaton Fox, Miami, Florida
In addition, a select group of artists have been invited to project at Digital Graffiti. Andrew Demirjian of Palisades Park, New Jersey, and Shantell Martin, of New York, New York, participated in the 2015 Digital Graffiti Artist Residency Program. Digital Graffiti veterans Sean Capone of Brooklyn, New York, Robert Seidel of Berlin, Germany, and Yandell Walton of Melbourne, Australia, will showcase works as well.
A panel of art and industry experts led by Phares will serve as jury for the festival and select works for the Best in Show and Curator’s Choice awards. Four honorable mentions will also be awarded.